Saturday 24 May 2008

Ex Wife Dilemma


It was quite sometimes that I didn't hear from my 2nd ex wife. However, yesterday while I was on the way for a meeting at Petaling Jaya, I received a short SMS from her which read "Hi... How r u? Daughter OK? " . She asked for our 6 years old daughter who is in my custody. She had not seen her daughter for more than 2 years after I "kidnapped" her from kindergaten. No... I was not cruel.. It was her fault ! After the divorce, my ex wife and family refused to let me visit my daughter , so the only lesson I taught them was to take my daughter away from them. Normally I just didn't bother to reply when she contacted me as she hurt my feelings so much after a 5 years old marriage she decided to leave me. For me, it was another blow to my marriage which I wished could last forever . I was very down, back to my old habit of drinking, enjoying at pubs, discos every nights and became half crazy . I replied in short SMS too as I didn't want to be in contact with her again, but she kept on sending me one SMS to another. I knew there should be something she wanted to tell me !

I told her that I was having meeting and promised to contact her later. After lunch I just SMS and asked her reasons for contacting me. She told me that she had been jobless for 4 months , her parents didn't know about it and had a problem because her car was just been reposessed by a bank. She had not paid the car for 4 months. I didn't know she was jobless because the last time I heard from her, she was working in a bank , later moved to a printing company and then became a PA to a construction company and quite well paid. She told me it was difficult to work for other people, because we used to manage a resort together and of course more relaxed and more money. She had been thinking that I have been doing very well now because I had a steady job and some business to manage. I used to tell her before that I am doing very well now and the company had been expending and I am now driving a BMW again. I told her that lies because she used to curse and wanted me to go bangkrap just few months after I divorced her. I just wanted to tell her that the curse didn't have any effect on me. I knew she was angry and confused at that time but I kept on hearing until now on what she had said and done. I had sacrificed alot during our marriage, turned her from a kampung girl to a big city executive lady like, wearing all branded clothings, helped her parents to repair her kampung house, support her parents with some money every week, bought her gold, jewelleries, a Kancil car and Gen 2 as her birthday present, sent her back to study at a college and never fail to fulfil whatever she requested . We had a good life. What more she wanted ?? But.. I was "played" out after what I had done for her and family ! But the love for her was still in my mind eventhough we had divorced and live our own life.


I asked her why now she needed my help? Why not go to her fiancee ( I am not sure whether she really engaged or not) for help. She told me that her fiancee was in Indonesia for a "business" trip and she had no one now to go to and to share her problems. I was touched as she still contacted me when she had problems, like always , before ! She asked for a" loan" of RM3,000 to settle the dues, storage and towing charges. I am broke too and wanted to save money for my engagement next month. I wanted to help her because I am still " in love " with her !! I promised to help by Monday but I didn't have a slightest idea on how to get that amount of money. She felt relief from the SMS reply. I just didn't want to say No to her because I know she will feel so sad. I knew her too well. I had been trying to forget her for the last 3 years. It took me many years to settle down as she had been always on my mind.


In another SMS I told her that I will be getting married soon. She was happy to hear that and she will pray for my happiness with the new marriage and hope my future wife will not be like her, sturborn, sensative and hot tempered. I knew she felt sad, because we were very close before but fated decided otherwise. I married her when she was only 18 years old for 5 years . Now she is 26. But looking at my new Liana, I realised that both are of the same character. My ex wife was born on November 25 and Liana my future wife was born on November 16. Am I going to have the same problems again ??? I am not worried because it could be another of God's test !

Last few nights I couldn't sleep well. My ex wife face was always on my mind. I still care for her safety and happiness. I knew she had been sufffering long enough for not been able to see her daughter. Now she had another problems and wanted me to help her, how do I go about? Should I help the person that cursed and left me? or should I just ignore her? I just couldn't decide now, furthermore I didn't have that RM3,000 that she requested but I could get it from someone if I really want to help her.


I just didn't want to disappoint her, and in a dilemma .... after all she is still my daughter's mother !

1 comment:

Redhuan D. Oon said...

Allah is All Fair and Just,
All you have to do now is to recognise only from Him. But you have to ask Him, i cannot ask on your behalf :-)

It is good you share such a story, so that others including me can insaf.

I did not have a wild life (was too stupid and green horn) married late at 28 and was mostly with islamic movements. Sometimes i do think what if my life was a bit wild.

Well, now i know...

Anyway, i m sure Allah in His Infinite Wisdom has charted out your best course. Just have trust on Him. Read the meaning of Ayat Seribu Dinar.

Peace!