Saturday 5 April 2008

Good Bye Kuantan, Hello Kuala Lumpur







I left Kuantan and came back to Kuala Lumpur 3 years ago. To survive, I sold all my house furnitures at RM5,000 far below the total of RM30,000 that I have spent. One of my so called friend followed me. There was no place to stay in KL (hotel will cost unneccesary expenses) but an old friend a "movie producer" offered us to spend the night at his office sleeping on office sofas before we got a rented flat nearby. We had a long discussion, on how to start something and decided to open up a car wash and cleaning service as my producer friend claimed that he had an area for us to start the business. I gave him some money to start moving and to buy the neccessary equiptment. But after waiting for few days, there was no news. I became suspicious, and true enough he has taken the money for his own use, he's actually a flop producers. I had heated arguement, and he promised to pay back my money on instalment. The business didn't even started and I only get half of my money back..

My friend that followed me from Kuantan was depending on me. I have to support his daily meals, ciggaratte and all his needs. I told him to look for jobs but he was really a lazy bump who only eat and sleep everyday and I have to struggle to look for money. Fund was running out, house rent was RM550.00 + RM100 for water & electricity and I can't afford it anymore. It was again Ramadhan month, I told my friend that he must look for the job as I cannot support him anymore. He was upset when I said if he cannot get some money after Hari Raya, he's not allowed to stay with me again. On the eve of Hari Raya, he went back to Kuantan and never returned ! I was alone again... and I felt better of !! . I was lucky, my son, 2 brothers supported me if I run short of money, though a small amount but enough for me to carry on living !

One day, I received a phone call from one of my lady friend who had stayed at my former resort. She was chased off from her rented Sentul Apartment and had no where to go. She wanted to stay with me but not enough money to pay me, I was reluctant but she needed help. I have no choice but to let her moved in. She's a divocee with a 15 years old son. We respect each other and nothing happened. She suggested me to join her working in a college in Mantin as students' facilitator. No basic salary but will be given commission if I can bring students in. We decided to move to Mantin as driving from KL to Mantin was costly. Apartment at Mantin was very cheap, one didn't have to pay for deposit as there was so many empty apartments. It lasted for 2 months as I didn't manage to get student in. How could I survive without a basic salary to cover house rent, my daily expenses?? Food, ciggaratte etc!!!


One day, my old friend a successful Dato (who owns 12 expensive cars, Ferrari, Porche, BMW , Meccedes Jaguar etc) suprisingly called me and wanted to see me. He live in Port Dickson and wanted to drop by at Mantin to meet me on his way back home. So we met and had a long chat. I told him of my problems as I have not met him for 15 years. He offered me a job as Director Of Sales in his advertising office (He had contract with Anti Dadah, and installed bill boards in mosques all over Malaysia) . It sounded so good with "big" position but he can only pay me a basic of RM1,500 a month + commission and invited me to stay in his house. It was a good start for me to survive. I don't have to pay for house rent, meals and transportation as I followed him to work daily from Port Dickson to Shah Alam. We travelled every week to Penang, Johore or Melaka just to enjoy and "released tension" sometimes , in Dato's Porche, CLK or Jaguar or BMW .For the first one month in office, things seemed OK but later Dato's sister whom Dato appointed as one of the Directors began showing her colours. She started pushing me, questioned me for coming late (Dato' comes to office at 11 am and I came with Dato's car) , and getting too close and staying with Dato. I explained to her the situation but she refused to listen. She even had an arguement with his brother because of me. To avoid any ills feelings, I decided to leave. I was jobless again.

Met another old friend, I was invited to stay with him at Ulu Kelang Apartment free of charge, as he had fully paid for one year rent. So I stayed for few months, but I didn't feel comfortable as my friend had so many visitors everyday. They will play card, gambling etc. So I decided to move. With no much fund, I stayed with my son's rented house. A friend that I met at Dato's office left Dato's company and opened up his own advertising company and I was offered a job as Director Of Business Development with small basic salary but with 20% commission as he couldn't afford to pay more at this time. He just wanted to help me SURVIVE !! Thanks Garry ! if you wanted to know more ... look for http://www.orangemediaads.com/ and contact me !!



No comments: