Saturday 5 April 2008

The Introduction






Here I am..... 34 years ago. Some said I look like "Pancho" a hero in one of popular TV series "Highway Patrol" . And I won't make a fuss about it ! See... I even followed the trend of having the hairstyle, so popular at that time ! Actually, I was waiting for my MCE (Malaysian Certificate Of Education) result. Few months later , I have no choice but to cut it off when I have the opportunuty to join Institute Technology MARA (UiTM now) at Jalan Othman, Petaling Jaya, Selangor just a Certificate course in Hotel & Restaurant Management for 3 months, as my MCE result was BAD ! (I was SAD.... but no complaint as I was not studying hard enough!!!) Furthermore, I didn't want to re sit the form 5 !! I wanted to work and support my poor family. "Kill one ambition to save another 3 ambitious brothers and sister" But then ... I was happy because I was sent to Hilton Hotel ( a 5 star hotel) for my practical trainning as front office receptionist. Just immagine a poor "Kampong Boy" at five star hotel !!! . Of course.. I wanted to work at Hilton, but there was no vacancy at that time. I was lucky as another new hotel "Equatorial" next door employed me as bellboy ! So this was my first job and the beginning of my long career as hotelier !!!

No comments: